The Official Site of Genevieve Tan Shu Thung

What my pups can do!


Licks, licks and more licks. These are exactly what my puppies do. They are up to new tricks every single day. Whenever I sit at the entrance of the house, all of them will pounce on me at once to lick me. Kiara would lick my ears, and the rest would lick my hair, face, hands and feet.

Kiara, the Princess of the house, is not only demanding but very strong in character as well. If she does not want to budge, she will not allow you to move her either! She makes her point clear that she does not want to get out of the house by sitting firmly in front of me whenever I point the finger to the door and say "OUT". No matter how hard you drag her by her collar, she will not move an inch! We are talking about a puppy here. Look at her size in the picture above! I will need to carry her two front paws in order to make her stand on her own two feet whenever I want to get her to go outside of the house! Or worst case scenario, I'll have to carry her. This is the white puppy who jumps around the house as though she is a rabbit. Let's not forget to mention that Kiara loves carrots too. What's up doc?

Her best trick is sucking up to me. Whenever I am in the middle of doing something and she knows she and the rest have to get out of the house, she will start circling me and lick me all over as if to say, "Mummy, please let me stay." When I get more stern and point to the door, others will exit the house but she will still stay around and rub herself against me. "But I don't want to go.." is the message I read whenever she does this.

I have an Olympic jumper as well in this household. Whenever I come home, despite Arctic's small size, he can jump up to my chin to lick my face. I am 5' 4''. A puppy jumping that high is quite amazing, isn't it? He is not eligible to get a trophy though. However, he does make me feel like giving him a treat for being so loveable.

When we lost Orbit, he went into depression and did not want to mingle with the rest. He was always aloof and sits at the corner, staying very quiet. He did not play and he certainly did not like people to carry him. This puppy was extremely afraid of height that he would bite you if you carried him high enough to scare him. I think this trauma was instilled in him when he was a newborn. I used to carry him with one hand and rock him up and down, up and down until he fell asleep. Arctic probably never liked the rock-a-bye-baby lullaby and hated me for it! Haha~ However, seeing him the way he is now is a relief indeed. Of course, he is way too big now for me to rock him up and down with one hand, or even both hands! 

The prize probably goes to our Sherlock Holmes - or rather Sherlock Sage - who not only knows how to do the high jump, but to do the high jump and open the handle to the main door. Yes, you heard that right! MY DOG KNOWS HOW TO OPEN  OUR MAIN DOOR!! Sage is also an accomplished puppy-dolphin. I wonder how he trained himself so well to jump in and out of the cage from the TOP opening without having to climb in and out of it. In a split of a second, he jumps inside the cage, thinking I am going to put the food inside there for Schumann, and in the next moment, he would jump out of it so easily as though he had practiced it all his life. A flawless jump, I must say. He did not even cling onto anything in order to get through that small opening.

Sage is pretty well-trained. He knows that he is not to do his business anywhere else but in the cage since it has a tray.  All of them know how to sit when asked, but Sage has learned to give his paw when I say, "SHAKE HAND".

Time flies. Although they no longer fit on my palm just like a hedgehog does, they sure know how to keep the day interesting!

Love and light,
Genevieve

2 comments:

  1. That was real cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that must be the bunny-dog in the photo there. she looks so adorable! kiss her for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Relevant Websites

  • Follow Genevieve on Twitter

  • Sandhya Maarga Mission

  • Sandhya Maarga Holistic Living Academy





  • Genevieve's Photo Gallery